- Lisa Cesario, MSc, WeCareMore Research & Innovation Center – AIAS Bologna
- Lorenzo Desideri, PhD, WeCareMore Research & Innovation Center – AIAS Bologna
- Alessandro Franceschini, PhD, Università degli studi dell’Insubria
- Francesca Gioia, PhD, Università degli Studi di Napoli Federico II
- Antonella Roella, MSc, Sigmund Freud University Milano
Research area and primary aims:
The “Digital Psychology Lab” focuses on the intersection of psychology and digital technology. Digital psychology is an emerging discipline that explores how new media and technology influence human behavior and psychological processes. The lab aims to understand how digital technologies can be designed to complement and integrate the strengths and weaknesses of human beings.
The main areas of research in the lab can be categorized into the following lines:
- Analysis of Bio-Psycho-Social Transformation Processes: The lab strives to identify and deeply understand the processes of change occurring at individual and societal levels due to interactions with new digital technologies. This includes studying the dynamics of adaptation and adoption of digital technologies concerning human behavior and psychological states.
- Impact of New Technologies on Psychological Well-being: The lab examines the psychological and mental effects of new digital technologies, both positive and negative. It explores the interactions between individuals and digital devices, as well as the use of social platforms and applications for mental health. The objective is to comprehend how to design technologies capable of providing meaningful support for psychological well-being.
- Development of Diagnostic and Therapeutic Tools: The lab is committed to developing new digital tools for diagnosing and treating psychological disorders. This involves exploring technology-based psychological assessment techniques and implementing digital therapeutic interventions. The goal is to provide innovative tools to enhance clinical practice and the quality of care offered.
- Integration of Classical Models and New Technologies: The lab aims to combine traditional approaches in psychology with new digital technologies to offer more comprehensive and personalized solutions. This entails identifying opportunities to integrate established psychological techniques and models with technological innovations, providing more effective and versatile support to users.
Through these research lines, the “Digital Psychology Lab” seeks to be a valuable key for interpreting and understanding bio-psycho-social transformation processes triggered by new digital technologies. The lab is dedicated to contributing to the development of innovative solutions to promote psychological well-being and address psychological challenges in the digital era.
to be updated
Regina Gregori Grgič
phone: +39 02 83241854